I had a funny dream today (some impressive nausea kept me from church, and the nausea medication kept me asleep). For the past few months I have been a bit sad to wake up because I was healthy and in mongolia, but not this time. It was a really realistic dream, I was back at school with roommates and I was really really frustrated and upset. As the days went on, I couldn't get happy, and I was mad at life. Other than being able to shrink my car and fit it in my backpack, it was a really realistic dream and such strong negative emotions, (at least that long lasting,) were new to me. And then hallelujah, I woke up!
Although we can't control all situations, we do have control over if we are happy or not thanks to the help that is available. I hope to be able to write soon and say that I am very very happy, and enjoying life :)
These things are on my to-do list...
- Talk to my Father. (Better sincere prayer every morning).
- Serve someone. (A simple note to a friend, make a gift, etc.)
- Be more kind to and appreciative of my family. (I am not used to being the recipient of service, and I can accept it more graciously.)
- Do something productive. (No matter how small. Learn a few more guitar cords, or paint a picture.)
- Count my blessings. (And don't forget them.)
- Read good books. (The best are the scriptures.)
- Learn how to shrink a car, and put it in a bag. (Just kidding.)
Hope everyone's week was great!!