At age 22 while living in Mongolia I developed a severe chronic pain condition that effects every aspect of my life. Continuing this blog reminds me that life's challenges are stepping stones meant to lift us, not roadblocks meant to defeat us.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

more snapshots

Man herding his sheep down the road. Mongolians are the cowboys of asia.
a view of the capital from a russian monument.
Us at Naadam, the mongolian olympics!
Sukhkbaatar square, that big statue in the back is Chengis Khan.
Man who made the Mongols famous before they they became a beacon for the church in asia ;)
This is a view from a church member's apartment, we lived buildings like the big tan one. The russians built them when they were in mongolia.
Mongolian kids are born half monkey, they can climb on anything.
This girl was worried that I would get cold, so she taught me how to wrap my scarf. It was warm ;)
This is inside grandma and grandpa's ger, many people don't have power so we would teach by candle light, I loved it :)

This is our church!! it was so dark and smoky and the church was by far the biggest building in the area, and it was always lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment