At age 22 while living in Mongolia I developed a severe chronic pain condition that effects every aspect of my life. Continuing this blog reminds me that life's challenges are stepping stones meant to lift us, not roadblocks meant to defeat us.

Monday, December 7, 2009

December 7, 2009

Hello everyone!!!
Merry Christmas!! it really is starting to feel like Christmas, I can't believe how fast time is going!!! things are good here :) the church was open this week, and there was a baptism friday and six of our investigators were able to come! and then 10 of our investigators came to church yesterday!! it was really exciting :) we have about 20 progressing investigators right now and only half of them made it, but it is still amazing, we are close to baptism with the grandma and grandpa, and another awesome 15 year old girl :) and we area teaching a family of 3 teenagers that I am starting to love, they asked if we could come teach them everyday, we are getting to be really good friends, and it is exciting to think about how the church can bless their lives and futures.
English teaching is getting more fun! I know the students now and actually really enjoy it :) and this week several students asked about the church, and said they are interested!! That makes the teaching so much more worth it :) my companion is great, life is great, time is going by crazy fast, and I know the Lord blesses and helps us. I have never felt alone in this work and I am also realizing that the best missionaries don't wear name tags, we just teach, but the members really have the best ability to bring people into this fold. So this time of year, each of you please open your eyes to the opportunity to share the good news about Christ’s birth, and the fact that he still lives and is guiding us today. Sharing the gospel is so much easier than I ever thought!! I love you all, sorry not much else this week, my district went out to the country side today and got back late :) Mongolia looks amazing covered in snow :) love you all!!!! sister mansfield

No comments:

Post a Comment