At age 22 while living in Mongolia I developed a severe chronic pain condition that effects every aspect of my life. Continuing this blog reminds me that life's challenges are stepping stones meant to lift us, not roadblocks meant to defeat us.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

May 7, 2009

hello my lovely family!
Things are still going good here, the weeks fly by but at the same time the days last forever, we have been here three weeks now. Only nine more to go! :) It actually doesn't seem like a long time to be here anymore with all we have to learn, a new group of missionaries going to indonesia got here (class room next to ours) and it seems like after a week they know what it took us three weeks to learn in mongolian, different languages have different learning rates i guess, the mongolian is coming, slightly painfully but its coming ;) We taught in mongolian last week! It was a very one way lesson, we didn't understand much what the "investigators" said, but it was good practice and a good experience. I accidentally told them during my testimony that the book of mormon killed God's true gospel. ah! I'm glad we have the MTC to figure stuff like that out, I mixed up the words for contain and kill. For the record, I know the Book of Mormon CONTAINS God's true gospel ;) The funny language mix ups are just beginning, one of the elders keeps accidentally calling people his mother, it’s funny, but now some of the elders in my district call me their mom on purpose now, (they say that’s what I am to them, don't know why haha) (edge = mom, egch = sister). Speaking of the mongolian elders, one of our elders went home this week, he had a back injury not long ago and has been in constant pain so he had to go home to get surgery. We miss him but he is planning on coming back to mongolia when he is better. So there are 4 mongolian missionaries now and we are one of the only legit MTC 4-somes, 3 elders 1 solo sister.
um, i'm trying to think what other questions you have asked, My P-days are good, we have been able to get to the temple each week which is so great! I saw Connie Todd and his wife (dad's cousin?) in our temple session! It was cool and they say hi :) My companion is amazing and really likes volleyball and softball too which makes gym really fun, (you are right dad I do play hard that hour, they were inspired to let us have that hour of gym ;)
Elder M. Russel Ballard spoke at our tuesday devotional!! It was amazing to hear from an apostle of the Lord, he spoke on desire and gave some really great advice and guidance. He told us to write home and thank our families and parents on behalf of the first presidency and Quorum of the 12 for helping us and letting us serve missions, so on behalf of the first presidency and 12, thanks mom, dad, and family :) I really am loving the MTC :) We teach in mongolian again tomorrow and we are a little better than we were last week, hopefully it goes okay.
The three new sisters in our room are great, we had a birthday party for one sister last night complete with oreo cake (pile of oreos) and birthday crown (made out of rolled napkins and colored with dry erase markers). The other sister missionaries here are all so great and make good friends :)
Okay that’s about all, I send my love and best wishes to you all! Happy Mother’s Day mom! (I don't get to call home from the MTC, sorry, but I do get to call from the airport when I fly out, so I can talk to you in July :)
take care! mansfield egch

Caitlin- Oh my goodness!! have a wonderful wedding day! I have been getting the dear elder letters (thanks so much!) and I sent a letter to the address on the dear elder letter, i hope you get it! love you! read the last 3 lines of 4th Nephi 1:16, and change the word ppl to "couple", and that is how I feel about you and Morgan :) love ya!

Alyssa- thanks for the letters! romania sounds crazy but amazing, i'm proud of you and good luck! i love hearing from you!

Kat- have fun at the wedding!!! be enough of a bridesmaid for the both of us ;) love ya and good luck with your internship next week!

Dan- thanks for the message and best wishes to you!

I'm off to the temple! love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment